WOW!! SO many new faces here on my comments sections!!
I want to thank everyone who stopped by, dropped a comment and a favorite, and even gave me a watch. Every piece of input means a lot and you guys are all wonderful!!
OKAY! On with the RoJo news!
1. Uncertain about the Serious Engineering website. I have a friend working on it since A. I have no spare income to actually make it professionally, and B. I don't know anything about coding.
2. Thank you for all your suggestions on the next Guide! I'll be starting with Autism & Aspergers since I have personal experience with them (I was diagnosed with Asperger's about a year ago).
I've been busy on a paid Guide by the American Episcopal Church. They hired me to illustrate an Introverts-style guide on how to talk to children about religion and answer their questions without freaking out.
It was a fun project and the guide is really sweet. It can be applied to any religion since it's about telling parents to chill out and be flexible and not pound dogma into children's heads.
And yes, they know I'm a gay transgender Buddhist. I told them ahead of time (I wanted to avoid a similar conflict I had with the Myers-Briggs Institute) and they were 100% cool with it. Yay for progressive Christians! We need more like you!
3. Apologies on the rewards for my Kickstarter coming out slow. I didn't expect that big commission mentioned in #2 and it took a lot of my time. I still have lots of people who haven't emailed me back on what they want, but I have enough to keep me busy for a while.
4. The Cracked article I co-wrote on being a transman will be published on the 28th!
5. Serious Engineering will see 4 new pages on Monday, which also marks the end of chapter 2.
I may take a one week break from the project to focus on making guides, doing the Kickstarter rewards, and doing some preliminary work on my secondary project, previously known as "Josephine Mink" - romanjones.deviantart.com/gall…
Hey guys, quick question: Which is a better title:
"Welcome to Fallaway"
6. The Serious Engineering Patreon account is alive and active: www.patreon.com/SeriousEnginee…
I'm hoping that the Cracked article, more guides, the completion of chapter 2, and the work I've put into the Facebook and Tumblr accounts (which are admittedly not much, unfortunately) Viky and I will get more support to keep SE going!
7. Thanks to Viky's good advice I'm going to put together a 5-10 page intro comic for the new project (Fallaway/Domestic) and submit it to DA's LINE Webtoon contest. I've looked at the other submissions and there's no way in hell I'd come close to winning (who can compete against Business Cat? That shit is awesome!) but there's no harm in trying.
If anything it will push me to pound out the basic look of the backgrounds and introduce the idea. Who knows? Maybe it will gain a nice following.
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!
YOU ARE LOVED AND SUPER AWESOME!!!